When I think of the holidays, a few things come to mind, and most of those things have to do with food. From fruit cakes to turkey dinners, the holiday season offers tons of delicious options. This holiday season, however, while most tables will be lined with traditional pies, mine will be lined with pie pops.
Yes, you read that correctly.
In line with the incredibly popular cake pop fad, pie pops have also found a great deal of popularity. Sure, they’re cute and are convenient to eat (forget the plate and fork!), but pie pops are an amazing treat that even your little ones can help out with when you use a BabyCakes pie pop maker!
You can bake delicious pie pops in minutes using this Babycakes pie pop maker. This pie pop maker features a non-stick coating for easy cleaning, power and ready lights, latching handle for security and a convenient cord wrap. It comes with accessories like, pie pop treat sticks, a pie pop stand and a stainless steel crust cutter. Plus, it’s so easy to use (think Easy Bake Oven for grown-ups).
Your little ones will love cutting out pie crust circles for their pie pops (save some time by buying pre-made pie crust), and you’ll love how easy clean-up is.
- Pie Crust (store-bought will do)
- APPLE MIXTURE (this makes a lot)
- 2 large granny smith apples, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- cinnamon sugar
- butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium bowl, add finely diced apples, white sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine; set aside.
- Flour a work surface and press cold dough out until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Use included pie pop crust cutter to cut out circles.
- Place the circles on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Insert a lollipop stick firmly into the center of the circles.
- Place a dollop of the apple mixture in the center of the dough circle.
- Stretch out a dough circle for the top crust so that it overlaps the bottom circle slightly.
- Use a fork or an extra lollipop stick to create a ribbed edge, sealing the pie pop firmly.
- Brush the pie pops lightly with egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Create four vent holes in the top crust.
- Place in your BabyCakes Pie Pop Maker
- Remove with oven and brush with butter.
- Let cool completely.