How-to assemble your Chainsaw
*Please Note: These are general instructions that apply to most units, please consult your manual or the manufacturer for model specific instructions that may differ from this if you have additional questions or concerns!
- Check that the chain brake is in disengaged position by moving the front hand guard towards the front handle (Pull the brake back), leave it in this position until you are ready to start the unit.
- Unscrew the bar nut and remove the clutch cover (chain brake)
- Fit the bar over the bar bolt.
- Place the bar in its rearmost position.
- Place the chain over the drive sprocket and in the groove on the bar. (Best to start left to right with it around/underneath the sprocket)
- Make sure that the edges of the cutting links are facing forward on the top edge of the bar.
- Mount the clutch cover, be sure to line up the chain tensioner screw with the hole on the bar otherwise the clutch cover will not fit on correctly. (You may need to adjust the screw one way or another to get it to line up so while the clutch is in place move the tensioner screw until it falls into the correct bar hole)
- Tighten the bar nut with your fingers.
- Tension the chain by turning the chain tensioning screw clockwise using the combination spanner. Tension the chain until it does not sag from the underside of the bar. When there is no slack on the underside of the bar but it you can still pull it off the bar slightly by hand you are ready to go. Tighten the bar nut with the combination spanner while holding up the tip of the bar.
- When fitting a new chain, check the chain tension frequently until the chain is run-in. Check the chain tension regularly. A correctly tensioned chain ensures good cutting performance and long life.
Chainsaw Assembly (Be aware this video is for a new unit so if your saw is refurbished or a different model specific instructions may vary slightly)
For starting/using instructions go here or contact us directly if you have further questions!